The power metal quartet who cover anime theme songs with English language lyrics, Animetal USA, have revealed lots of details regarding the follow up to their self-titled debut album.
First of all the release date in Japan for this follow-up album is June 6th. There has been talk in recent months of releasing the album worldwide. The band also revealed in February they are set to play the annual Anime Expo convention in Los Angeles this coming June, though still unconfirmed at the time by the organisers, so it may still be a possibility. (Refer to our previous story that be read HERE.)
The title of the second album will be “Animetal USA W” and will feature 11 tracks including their collaboration with Hironobu Kageyama of JAM Project that is being used in the new Naruto spin-off program “Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals”. This same song will also serve as the first single from the album. (Refer to our previous article for details of this collaboration HERE.)
“Animetal USA W” will also feature the themes from live-action television programs including Kamen Rider (aka “Masked Rider” in English).
The track listing is as follows
1. Touch (the first opening to the mid-eighties series of the same name.)
2. CAT’S EYE (the first opening to the eighties series of the same name)
3. Hero Medley:
- Song of Devilman (opening to the anime “Devilman”)
- Let’s Go Rider Kick (opening to the 1970’s series “Kamen Rider”)
- Fight! Kamen Rider V3 (opening to the series “Kamen Rider v3”)
- Himitsu Sentai GoRanger ~ (ending theme to the series “GoRanger”, the first ever incarnation of Super Sentai in Japan.)
- Song Of Ultra Seven (theme from the “Ultra Seven” series)
4. Dragon Bal Z Medley
- CHA LA HEAD CHA LA (first opening to Dragon Ball Z)
- We Got Power (second opening to Dragon Ball Z)
5. The Galaxy Express 999 (Galaxy Express 999 theme, movie version)
6. We Are (first opening to One Piece)
7. Unyielding Wish (opening to Magic Knight Rayearth)
8. Joshi Anime Medley (NOTE – Joshi translates as female in English)
- Moonlight Densetsu (opening to Sailor Moon)
- Cutie Honey (opening from Cutie Honey)
- Theme of Attack No.1 (opening from Attack NO. 1)
- Himitsu no Akko-chan (opening from Himitsu no Akko-chan)
- Mahōtsukai Sally (opening from Sally The Witch)
9. Do You Remember Love (theme song from the “Macross: Do You Remember Love” movie)
10. JAM Project medley
- Vanguard (opening from “Card Fight Vanguard!!”)
- MAXON (opening from “Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector”)
- Skill (opening from “2nd Super Robot Wars Alpha” video game)
11. Give Lee Give Lee ROCK LEE (opening theme to the Naruto spin-off anime “Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden”, aka “Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals” in English)
It should also be noted there is a slight discrepancy with the track listing at this time as some websites have the Joshi Medley removed and the opening theme to “Genesis Of Aquarion” in it’s place. We’ll be sure to update you once there is a definitive answer to this.
There will also be a limited edition version of the album packed a bonus DVD. The disc will feature 40 minutes of footage including video clips of two songs from their self-titled debut album “Space Battleship Yamato” & “A Cruel Angel’s Thesis”, footage relating to their performance at the Loud Park ’11 festival and likely their album launch event in Tokyo last year as well.
We’ll be sure to provide pre-ordering links when available. Let us know what you think of the track of the listing too.